RECHARTERING IN 7 SIMPLE STEPS !
STEP 1 - Pick-up Your Charter Renewal Packet
- If you have not alreday done so, get your Charter Renewal Packet from your Unit Commissioner, or pick it up the Council Service and Training Center as soon as possible.
- Extra copies of the basic charter renewal packets are available at the following links:
STEP 2 - Make an Appointment to Review & Turn in Your Charter
- Thursday, November 19th from 5pm to 7pm
- Saturday, November 21st from 9am to noon
- Tuesday, November 24th from 5pm to 7pm
- Tuesday, December 1st from 5pm to 7pm
- Thursday, December 3rd from 5pm to 7pm
- Saturday, December 5th from 9am to noon
- Tuesday, December 8th from 5pm to 7pm
- Thursday, December 10th from 5pm to 7pm
- Saturday, December 12th from 1pm to 4pm
The due date for for charters is December 12th
STEP 3 - Schedule & Hold a Unit Rechartering Team Meeting
- Set a date to meet that is convenient for your re-charter team after receiving the Charter Renewal packet.
- Suggested attendance: Your Unit Commissioner, Charter Renewal Chairman, Unit Leader, Unit Committee Chair, Treasurer, and other interested adults.
- Consider inviting youth leaders of older youth programs (e.g., Senior Patrol Leader or Crew President).
- Obtain current unit rosters from unit leadership and compare to the unit roster that has been provided.
- Write unit roster changes in pencil, not ink, so that mistakes can be erased.
- Extra youth and adult applications are in your kit. If you need more, contact your District Executive or visit the Council Service and Training Center in Moosic
- Have telephone access to be able to call your families for status on their registration.
- If you need assistance, your Unit Commissioner has resources to help with your charter renewal.
STEP 4 - Complete All Necessary Paperwork & Collect (new) Applications & Fees
- Complete all forms in charter renewal packet
- Collect & make sure all new member applications all complete, including the appropriate signatures.Extra youth and adult applications are in your kit. If you need more, contact your District Executive or visit the Council Service and Training Center.
- Fee information is also listed in the packet
STEP 5 - Revise the Charter
- Follow the steps in the Recharteering Packet to complete the re-charter process.
- You can save a lot of time and help insure your charter is accurate by updating your charter ONLINE via the Internet at http:/www.scoutnet.scouting.org/UCRS/ui/home/default.aspx.
Internet Rechartering allows you to renew your unit's charter online and perform the following actions:
- Select members from your existing charter roster
- Promote members from another unit
- Add new members
- Update member information
- Print a summary of costs associated with the new charter.
- Connect to a printer and print the final copy of the charter report for signature
- Or revise the charter manually via the steps outlined in the Packet
STEP 6 - Gather Final Documents & Signatures
- Review and make sure that all Charter Renewal Checklist items are complete on the Charter Worksheet in the Packet
- Collect all items listed on Worksheet
STEP 7 - Bring All Completed Forms & Payment to Scheduled Appointment at the Scout Service and Training Center (Step 2, above)
- Completed charter paperwork and payments are due in to the Scout Service and Training Center on or before DECEMBER 12th.
- Remember, each unit needs to meet with their unit commissioner to conduct the unit membership inventory and charter renewal meeting prior to the final appointment.
- Remember that All paperwork needs to be signed by the Executive Officer and Unit Leader.
- Bring required payment. It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that, if paying by check, the amount not be filled in on the check until the appointment in case of any errors discovered during the final review.
Finally, please remember the following changes for 2016:
- Units who have not re-chartered by December 31, 2015 will be dropped. There is no longer a "lapse" period.
- All "Youth-Facing Adults" must have their PA Act #153 Child Protective Services Clearances completed and on file at the Scout Service Center in order to re-register.