Iroquois is a site that has it all! Loads of shade where the tents are located and a roomy new shelter provide plenty of cover from the sun or elements. Two distinct camping areas also allow a unit to split up between patrols, age groups, or even allow two smaller units to share the site yet camp with a fair amount of autonomy. In the off-season, Iroquois offers more shelter from chilly winds off of the Pond than most of our other sites because of its location.
Site capacity: For small or medium sized units, especially those needing to split their contingent
Special Features: Grassy center with nicely shaded woods all around
Latrine type: Classic-style pit latrine
Iroquois in the Summer features:
- 13 2-man platforms with tents
- 2 metal cots with mattresses in each tent.
- Program tarp & Dining Fly
- 2 Picnic Tables
- Has two distinct camping areas
- Open center area yielding a good amount of sunshine during the day.
- Has it's own latrine and washstand.
Fall, Winter, and Spring features:
- Platforms remain in place and may be used with your own tents.
- Water generally at site from mid-May to late September.
- Usually accessible during the winter
Location of Campsite in Camp