One of the largest platform sites in the camp, Crockett is located on the Upper Road half way between Pinewood and Leatherstocking. This newly renovated site is divided into two sections - front and back. It has a number of convenient trails that lead to it making the trip to Handicraft, the Dining Hall, and the center of the camp a breeze. And regardless of the season, you can't beat the wooded setting which provides shade on hot summer days, shelter from the wind in early spring, and a beautiful setting in autumn.
Site Capacity: For larger sized units, especially troops and packs camping together
Special Features: At the top of one of the camp's high points. Wooded setting.
Latrine type: Modern-style pit latrine
Crockett in the Summer features:
- 18 2-man platforms with tents
- 2 Nylon Canvass Amy-style cots in each tent.
- Program tarp & Dining Fly
- 1 Picnic Table
- Lightly wooded area yielding a good amount of sunshine during the day.
- Has it's own latrine and washstand.
Fall, Winter, and Spring features:
- Platforms remain in place and may be used with your own tents.
- Water generally at site from mid-May to late October.
- Usually accessible during the winter
Location of Campsite in Camp
Campsite layout not available at this time
Campsite gallery not available at this time